<<<>>>He is a co-founder and curator of The Luminary, a co-founder and editor of Temporary Art Review and a part of the artist collaborative US English. He is a founding member of national network of independent arts organizations, Common Field, as well as a recipient of the Creative Capital | Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Award for Short-Form Writing.
.* Art in America: Second in a series of essays on St. Louis is out in the February issue of Art in America.
* Visiting Artist at SMFA: Lecture and exhibition, An atlas of localized resistance.
* Art in America: The first in a series of essays on St. Louis is out in the November issue of Art in America and online here.
* Artspace: “Follow these 8 Artist-Run Blogs to Keep Up with Art Criticism Today
* Museum of Capitalism: Writing + objects in the new Museum of Capitalism, Oakland. The book is now available through Inventory Press.
* “To Make a Public: Temporary Art Review 2011-2016,” edited by Sarrita Hunn and James McAnally, was acquired by the library collections of the Museum of Modern Art, Smithsonian Museum of American Art, LACMA, Brooklyn Museum, Baltimore Museum of Art, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Midway Contemporary, Los Angeles Contemporary Archive, MICA, and more.
* Letter on “Sculpture for the Blind” for Lenka Clayton on view at the Fabric Workshop in Philadelphia, PA
* Interview with VICE - The Creator’s Project on The Luminary.
* The Game of a Free City included in “Free as in Free...” published by INCA Press and Publication Studio on the occassion of the 11th Gwangju Biennial.
* Awarded Creative Capital | Warhol Foundation Arts Writer’s Award for Short-Form Writing
* Artnet: “The Future of Art Criticism” interview with Artnet, Momus, and Temporary Art Review
Guest lecturer at SMFA, Boston
Talks + Other
Panelist at the Common Field Convening (multiple) with contemptorary (Eunsong Kim and Gelare Khoshgozaran), Peter Hudson, Candice Lin, Sarrita Hunn, and Jamillah James.
Panelist for the opening of the Museum of Capitalism, Oakland
Panelist for Critical Mass Creative Stimulus Awards, St. Louis
Art Writing Workshop at Louise Dany (Oslo)
Temporary Art Review Book Launches (ACRE, Chicago; The Suburban, Milwaukee)
Common Field Convening 2016, Little Haiti Cultural Center, Miami
Conversation with John Riepenhoff, Parapet//Real Humans, St. Louis
Panelist for Propeller Grants, Threewalls and Gallery 400, Chicago
Visiting Curator at The Contemporary, Baltimore
Art Writing Panel at NPR, organized by Transformer, Washington, DC
Visiting Artist at University of Washington
Juror for Charlotte Street Foundation Fellowships
Speaker at Alternative Currencies Conference, Moore College of Art and Design, Philadelphia
Panelist at Hand-in-Glove Conference, The Soap Factory, Minneapolis
Speaker at Superscript Conference, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis
Lecture at Cannonball, Miami
Lecture at Frau Fosca, Florence, IT
Open Engagement Conference (multiple), Queens Museum and Carnegie Mellon University
Panelist at 9/50 Conference, Atlanta Contemporary, Atlanta
Visual Art Panelist, National Endowment for the Arts, Washington, DC